Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I actually had mine on a timer so it would reboot every night

Nsyjgf
Follower

I actually had mine on a timer so it would reboot every night

Same issue here with frequent reboots. I actually had mine on a timer so it would reboot every night. I found and installed the latest firmware even though the router itself didn't find it.

There is no way I'm going to downgrade the firmware as a permanent solution. I've had this router since it came out but now it's time to ditch it.

Going with the TP-Link Archer AX73. MU-MIMO, OFDMA, and 6 antennas. 21st century here I come.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I actually had mine on a timer so it would reboot every night

Ran mine for a good week with latest FW and didn't see any reboots:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-134-Releas...

Actually ran well for an older router. 

Message 2 of 3
BlondieSL
Guide

Re: I actually had mine on a timer so it would reboot every night

@Nsyjgf 

I will confirm that a while back, with all those problems, I did update the router to 

V1.0.11.116_10.2.100

I'm not sure what the latest version is and I'm not one to always update everything to "latest" if I'm not having problems.

And that is the point.  With the version it's at now, I have had ZERO reboots, no freezes, nothing.  NO PROBLEMS.

What I found and believe that I've confirmed, is that the biggest problem causing this is in fact the Logs (Advanced, Administration, Logs).

When I was having the most problems with this router freezing or rebooting or just dropping the internet, was when I had EVERYTHING checked for the logs.

Right now, here's what I have:

Include in Log
Attempted access to allowed sites
Attempted access to blocked sites and services
Connections to the Web-based interface of this Router
Router operation (startup, get time etc)
Known DoS attacks and Port Scans
Port Forwarding / Port Triggering
Wireless access
Automatic Internet connection reset
Turn off wireless signal by schedule

With just those 4 items checked off, there's been zero problems in months.

So perhaps before throwing out the router, perhaps download THIS particular firmware build and either UNCHECK all log options or try with what I've laid out here.

This router, when it's working very stable, is amazing.  I have no complaints at all.

And the range on this thing is crazy good.  I can connect all the way from the house to INSIDE the garage (our garage door opener connects via WiFi to this router and is never an issue).

Perhaps give it a try and maybe you too will be lucky.

Try the version I showed above.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7