Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

In need of a router

Intercooler
Follower

In need of a router

Hello everyone!

I have about a 12 year old Netgear router and want to upgrade it. I see all this new stuff for WiFi 6, etc... Just looking to get the speed bump to my devices and do 2.4/5G without over spending. I have been looking at the R6400 and R6700... but then I see WiFi 6. I just want the speed and both bands with staying under lets say $175. Any suggestions on these two or going to a WiFi 6 if I it will be a seamless install to my old one? Thanks!

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 3

Re: In need of a router

@Intercooler wrote:

Any suggestions on these two or going to a WiFi 6 if I it will be a seamless install to my old one?

One of those questions that is impossible to answer. The choice is just too big.

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: In need of a router

If you're wanting to get into wifi 6 routers, look at amazon at "renewed" devices. Theres an AX5700 (have to search that route and not using its model) for around that price. And if you're worried about renewed, its not to expensive for aftermarket warranty on there. Still far cheaper than buying new. 

Otherwise, what @michaelkenward says is accurate 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7