Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Labeling 5Ghz & 2.4 Ghz

CluelessInCO
Follower

Labeling 5Ghz & 2.4 Ghz

Hi, my network has only one name but I have devices that will only connect to 2.4 Ghz, so need to know how to set up so that on my list of wifi networks the 2.4 and 5.0 are listed separately. I'm sure this is easy, but I can't seem to find how to do so. Please explain in such a way that you would to an alien or a senior citizen (don't skip any steps, not matter how basic) and...THANK YOU!!!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Labeling 5Ghz & 2.4 Ghz

Not sure why you want to do this....

There are devices in the field which only have a 2.4 GHz client radio, other wireless clients might be out of reach from the C7000 5 GHz coverage.

Message 2 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Labeling 5Ghz & 2.4 Ghz

First you have to disable smart connect.  That allows the SSID on each band to be named independently.  By default Netgear usually adds a -5G to the 5GHz band SSID name as long as smart connect is not enabled.

You could help yourself by going to the Downloads section above and downloading the manual for your router.  The instructions are in the section labeled Basic Wireless Setup.  Look at the nameplate on the router and be certain you have a C7000 or a C7000v2.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7