Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Maximum speed is limited on R8000. What parameters may cause this?

GT-Force
Aspirant

Maximum speed is limited on R8000. What parameters may cause this?

Hi,

My router was working at its top speed (1000 Mbps) until we moved.

Now, although the ISP speed is still 1000 Mbps (fiber), I am getting ~250 Mbps maximum. Frankly, if I reset the router to its factory-defaults, the speed goes back up to 1000.

Since my home network is highly customized, I rather not go through the trouble of reconfiguring everything starting from a factory reset. So, I tried to find what setting(s)/parameter(s) may be causing this speed limitation and change it to get back to max speed, but nothing worked. I have the QoS disabled, so, it's not the speed settings in there.

Do you know or may have any suggestions about what may be causing this speed limitation, and if I can bring it back to 1000 Mbps without having to go through a factort reset and reconfiguration of my home network from scratch?

Thanks.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
No1Mportnt
Luminary

Re: Maximum speed is limited on R8000. What parameters may cause this?

Have you tried testing it from the modem to see if you are getting full speed there?  

Message 2 of 4
GT-Force
Aspirant

Addendum:

I had limited speeds with Access Control (AC) disabled or enabled.

After I did a factory reset today and reloaded the configuration, the speed was limited with Access Control enabled.

Once I disabled the AC, the speed went back up to its max! This is puzzling, since the speed was already limited before enabling AC.

Anyway, just posting this in case this order of events may help anyone else.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 4
GT-Force
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but as I mentioned, I was getting the full speeds from this router after doing a factory-reset, indicating that the ISP speed was not the issue.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7