Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My R6230 — AC1200 Smart WiFi Router doesn't show internet button after connected new modem

lalascott7
Aspirant

My R6230 — AC1200 Smart WiFi Router doesn't show internet button after connected new modem

I just set up my modem and got it activated through my ISP. Now when I hook up my router (plugging 1st ethernet cable into back of modem and other into back of router that says "internet", then the 2nd ethernet cable in back of router to port 4 and other end into back of pc), I do not see the internet icon lit up but I see the power, wifi and port 4 buttons only on. Am I setting this up correctly? Based on my research it looks like I am. I am trying to get it to go to routerlogin.net so I can get it to talk to my modem. Any steps I need to take to fix this?? Why isn't the internet icon not lit up?

Model: R6230|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
lalascott7
Aspirant

Re: My R6230 — AC1200 Smart WiFi Router doesn't show internet button after connected new modem

Hey you know what, I fixed it. All I had to do was reset the router since it was set up properly. I was also about to go to routerlogin.net and go through the genie setup process again, plus do a firmware update. Next thing I know, it was working and I was able to get the app to detect is as well so I'm good. Thanks for reaching out. Too bad there's no chat support available for customers like me.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: My R6230 — AC1200 Smart WiFi Router doesn't show internet button after connected new modem

> I just set up my modem and got it activated through my ISP. [...]

Has your "my modem" a maker and model number?  Does it work?  (How do
you know?)

Are we talking about a new installation, or changes (which?) to some
existing/working installation, or what?

> [...] Am I setting this up correctly? [...]

Sounds plausible.

> [...] I am trying to get it to go to routerlogin.net so I can get it
> to talk to my modem. [...]

"it"?  "trying"?  What's happening when you do this "trying"?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for the
LED descriptions and "Troubleshoot".

> [...] Why isn't the internet icon not lit up?

Sounds to me like a problem.  However, without more information,
guessing the cause could be tough.

Message 2 of 3
lalascott7
Aspirant

Hey you know what, I fixed it. All I had to do was reset the router since it was set up properly. I was also about to go to routerlogin.net and go through the genie setup process again, plus do a firmware update. Next thing I know, it was working and I was able to get the app to detect is as well so I'm good. Thanks for reaching out. Too bad there's no chat support available for customers like me.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7