Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR R8000-100NAS Wifi issues

snaggletooth192
Aspirant

NETGEAR R8000-100NAS Wifi issues

Iv been having a couple issues with my wifi and I dont seem to be able to complete a full factory reset to see if that fixes it. Before I buy a new router I figured Id see if there were any other options. 

My speed is horrible almost non existent on wifi. Hard wired works fines but I cant use more than one device for streaming. I can get 500Mbps via ethernet on a PC but the wifi dips into single digits and is non functional with any network. I started with a 2.4g and a 5g network and ended up with the guest networks enabled for another issue and with a strong wifi connection I get no speed.

My other issues no new device can connect and no existing device can connect unless the I change the wifi settings. I have to switch between WPA-PSK [TKIP], WPA2-PSK [AES], WPA-PSK [TKIP} + WPA2-PSK [AES] and None to get devices to connect. 

Reboots do not seem to make any difference and a using the reset button does not factory default the entire router.

Range doesn't seem to be an issue as I can easily reach a security camera 100ft away from the router. 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you gain access to the routers web page using a web browser? If so, can you use the ERASE button to trigger a factory reset with the router disconnected from the ISP modem? 

https://kb.netgear.com/24233/How-do-I-erase-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-router

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you gain access to the routers web page using a web browser? If so, can you use the ERASE button to trigger a factory reset with the router disconnected from the ISP modem? 

https://kb.netgear.com/24233/How-do-I-erase-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-router

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
snaggletooth192
Aspirant

Thanks. I looked for that but for some reason came up with nothing. It didnt make sense that there was no way to ensure a complete reset within the router itself. Seems to have worked but only time will tell once I try out all of my devices. Thanks for all your help!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Last resort for a full factory reset is a 30-30-30 reset. 

Hopefully you don't need to do this. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series