Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Help With Netgear Ready Share and Windows 11 NOT connecting

kleaverjr
Follower

Need Help With Netgear Ready Share and Windows 11 NOT connecting

HELP! I am at my wit's end with a problem with a friends computer. Somehow I did manage before to connect Windows 11 with the Netgear ReadyShare USB connected printer, and tested it and tested it and it all worked fine. Somehow my friend managed to delete the printer from the list by accident and when I want to try to reconnect it, it doesn't show up (IIRC I told it to look for a network printer and told it to look at the address for the Netgear router and somehow it found it then, but not now) I have followed many different steps in order to get this thing to show up as an online Printer, but no luck.

The printer is a HP Deskjet 2600 which yes DOES have a direct wireless option, but I want to avoid that option at all costs as no matter what, every time you shut down the PC, the printer becomes "offline" and the only way to get it working again is to remove the printer and reinstall it, so I consider that NOT an option.

As I said before I got it working, but now i can't seem to connect to it through Windows 11. So what am I missing. Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step instruction on how to MANUALLY install a Printer that is connected to a Netgear Router via USB (and Netgear ReadyShare says it's connected and ready to go) with Windows 11.  I don't understand why Windows 11 cannot discover this printer, when Netgear ReadyShare says it's connected and ready.  I AM VERY DESPERATE at this point.  So any help will be appreciated very much.  Thank you.

Ken L

Message 1 of 2

Re: Need Help With Netgear Ready Share and Windows 11 NOT connecting

It might help if you said what Netgear router you are using. They aren't all the same.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist. That will probably include any printer utilities you need.

@kleaverjr wrote:

So what am I missing. Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step instruction on how to MANUALLY install a Printer that is connected to a Netgear Router via USB (and Netgear ReadyShare says it's connected and ready to go) with Windows 11. 

That is in most of the manuals I have seen.

I don't understand why Windows 11 cannot discover this printer, when Netgear ReadyShare says it's connected and ready. 

Could it be that the friend who helpfully removed the printer did it in Windows? If so, this could be the wrong place to seek help.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7