Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC3250 R7500 READYSHARE drive denying write access.

dbwalton
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC3250 R7500 READYSHARE drive denying write access.

I have a USB drive connected to my router's USB port.   In the past, I have never had issues with permission, but I recently put a different drive on my router and now there are certain folders in Windows that I cannot write to.

Here's what I've done so far...

1)  Verified the router is set up correctly with "All" access in the router's configuration.

2)  I disconnected the router and connected it directly to my computer, went to the folders and gave all access to Everyone in the property tag.

Some things to know...

1)  The drive was in use prior on my PC and connected as a NTSF shared drive prior to moving it to my router.   I never had any permission problems accessing it as a shared drive on my PC from other computers in the house.

2)   It's formatted as a NTSF drive.

3)   The Window's based permissions give full access of every kind (all checkboxes checked) for Everyone, Administrator, and authenticated users when attached directly to the PC and accessed through Windows.

4)   The drive it replaced was formatted the same with with the same Windows permissions prior to it's being connected and never gave me these errors either.

Some of my questions I hope someone can answer...

1) Are the unix permissions accessible in some way so I can go in and change the permissions on ALL directories to drwxrwxrwx and files to -rwxrwxrwx ?

2)  If I can't do 1 above, is there something else I can do to fix this?

Message 1 of 3
dbwalton
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC3250 R7500 READYSHARE drive denying write access.

You'd think someone from Netgear, at the very least, would have responded by now.  I'm not impressed.

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC3250 R7500 READYSHARE drive denying write access.

Hi @dbwalton, we'd like to know the following:

What is the firmware version of the R7500?

What is the capacity of the new drive?

What is the capacity of the old drive?

Have you tried testing a 3rd drive with smaller capacity?

Does the old drive still work with the router?

Does the issue persist on all USB ports?

NETGEAR Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7