Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC 1750 - Have two net speeds netgear## and netgear##-5G band not shown as network

Chasaroo
Tutor

Nighthawk AC 1750 - Have two net speeds netgear## and netgear##-5G band not shown as network

AC1750 Smart WiFi-R6700v3 - firmware 1.0.4.128 - Windows 10 - 5G a known network. Set to connect automatically as router within 2 feet of laptop, phone app says no updates. Shows both nets - Anywhere access enabled

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC 1750 - Have two net speeds netgear## and netgear##-5G band not shown as network

Looks like the older one is a single stream 2.4ghz only device. 

RTL8723BE - REALTEK

You won't see 5ghz with a 2.4ghz only device. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC 1750 - Have two net speeds netgear## and netgear##-5G band not shown as network

Your description left a lot to be desired. 

What actual issue are you having? 

Message 2 of 7
Chasaroo
Tutor

When I boot the netgear## 2.4 shows as connected, but netgear##-5G does not show as a network - Though other networks nearby do show?  I have two laptops. The one I'm using now has the 2.4 netgear## connected  - shows other nearby networks to connect to but not the 5G network. I have another laptop, when I boot I'm connected to 5G network and it allows me to select the 2.4 and nearby networks, if I choose.  Same router same WiFi. Does this help?

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

1. are you using smart connect? 

2. What actual wireless chip is in each laptop? 

Message 4 of 7
Chasaroo
Tutor

I'm not sure what smart connect is?

On laptop that see the 5G- Realtek 8821CE wireless Lan80211acPCI-E NIC Other older laptop Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter Charlie

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Looks like the older one is a single stream 2.4ghz only device. 

RTL8723BE - REALTEK

You won't see 5ghz with a 2.4ghz only device. 

Message 6 of 7
Chasaroo
Tutor

Makes sense to me. Thanks for looking into my problem! Kudos to you Chas

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7