Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC2600 R7400

lakebum2
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC2600 R7400

My internet speed from my provider is up to 900 Mbps. On the Nighthawk app i get performing a speed test just over 400 mbps and doing a speed test over the internet just over 100mbps. Can anyone tell me why im getting different speeds?

Thanks

Drew

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC2600 R7400

What modem/gateway do you have the router connected to? 

What speeds do you get directly connected to the modem? 

Make sure to disable qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls on your router and reboot it. 

What firmware is on the router? 

Are those wired or wireless speeds you're getting?

Message 2 of 4
lakebum2
Aspirant

When connected directly to the router i get 550mbps. Its a wired connection to my Xfinity X1 router. I have checked for updates for the router and now are avaiable and im its firmware version V1.2.0.88_1.0.1 and everything you mentioned is disabled

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the X1 is a modem/router combo device. it can cause a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7