Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 tri band WiFi Router—going off and on with ATT fiber Giga, mainly Apple devices

Jmvlg
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 tri band WiFi Router—going off and on with ATT fiber Giga, mainly Apple devices

Hi, my router has 4 years and since some time already, the internet goes off and disappears from the WiFi list of available networks on Apple. I reset quite often the fiber, modem, router boxes. Problem remains. ATT has this security free service (firewall?!?!) turned ON, could it be the problem? Should I switch it OFF? I believe I had donde that too and no big difference on R8000P going OFF and ON, irresponsiveness. Thank you
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC4000 3x3 tri band WiFi Router—going off and on with ATT fiber Giga, mainly Apple dev

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  Try 1 and 40.

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series