Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7960P Router and NO-IP No Longer Play Together

radiobob
Follower

Nighthawk R7960P Router and NO-IP No Longer Play Together

I've searched other posts about this issue, but none of the suggested solutions seem to work.

My Nighthawk R7960P router's Dynamic DNS function no longer seems to work.  I have used this feature along with port forwarding to feed an audio stream to an Icecast server running on a little single-board computer (Odroid); it has worked flawlessly for the last year or so.

My No-IP account shows things are working, but when I click Show Status on the router, I receive this:

"Update failed at 06:14PM,12/17/2021 The service provider is not reachable."

I really can't use No-IP's Dynamic Update Client (DUC) because the Icecast server is running Linux Mate.

Router firmware is V1.4.1.50_1.3.10, which is out-of-date, but attempts to update never work (a separate problem).

Thoughts, suggestions, and recipes welcome!

Message 1 of 2
Kitsap
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7960P Router and NO-IP No Longer Play Together

I have the OpenVPN server configured and have a No-IP account.  When I click on the Show Status in the router Advanced Setup -> Dynamic DNS page the return is No update action. There is no IP address on the Internet port. The OpenVPN server works fine.

My No-IP account is configured as DNS Host (A) and the account page shows 91 updates in the past 30 days.  When I go to the whatismyipaddress.com site it provides the correct IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  I am not running the Dynamic Update Client (DUC).

What is your type configuration for your No-IP account?  Please confirm your R7960 is configured in router mode.  What is the brand and model of the modem/gateway/ONT in front of your router?

You might want to get to the bottom of the firmware update issue first.  Your DDNS issue could solve itself.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7