Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8000P Port Problem

TwoTabs
Apprentice

Nighthawk R8000P Port Problem

For the last few days i have been trying to play Battlefield 4. It keeps telling me that i need to open port 3659 UDP on my router. I have opened the port and i have opened the port on windows firewall. I am on windows 11. I never had this problem until a few days ago. I was already on the latest build of windows 11 before the problem started. Anyone have any advice on what could be causing this. When i check the port it always says its closed.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R8000P Port Problem

What modem/gateway is your router connected to? 

What firmware is on the router? 

Message 2 of 10
TwoTabs
Apprentice

I am on the latest firmware verzion of that router. i also noticed that every once in awhile when i reboot my router that its not picking up the public IP from the modem all the time. I just upgraded to Gig a couple months ago, i wonder if the modem is causing this problem. I am using Spectrum. I will have to check to see the exact modem model number

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

An actual firmware version helps more than "the latest". 

Sometimes people aren't actually on the latest, or the version they're on is known for issues. Its why we ask for an actual number

Message 4 of 10
TwoTabs
Apprentice

I will check when i get home from the office later. Ill get the firmware version and the modem model number

Message 5 of 10
TwoTabs
Apprentice

Firmware version is 1.4.2.84_1.3.42

My Modem is attched in the photos. It looks like it is a docsis 3.1 model EU2251.My ISP is Spectrum and im on the gig plan20211108_172901.jpg20211108_172943.jpg

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

try installing version 1.4.1.68 of the firmware to the router. Then do a factory reset and reinstall on it. And disable auto-updates. 

Try that and see if it helps. The .84 version has had dns issues and maybe its causing some of your port issues. 

Message 7 of 10
TwoTabs
Apprentice

Where do i get the download at? I only see the latest available for my router from this website. I am also using my own DNS but it has the correct forwarders, and Domain Controller. My DHCP is running from my DC 

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r8000p#download

Then click on +View previous versions

Message 9 of 10
TwoTabs
Apprentice

This did not fix the problem. I never had this problem until they swapped out my modem when i switched to GIG. I wonder if the modem is the problem

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7