Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Outdoor extender? MK63-100NAS

kjf74
Aspirant

Outdoor extender? MK63-100NAS

Hi all I'm all of a sudden having an issue with outdoor smart devices not staying connected to my network.  Are there any extenders that would solve this problem and work with my router MK63-100NAS? 

thanks in advance 

Kevin

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Outdoor extender? MK63-100NAS

Please visit and post about this over in the NH MESH forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 6
kjf74
Aspirant

I went there first but couldn't find an answer to my question.  So if there is a disussion tht covers it I would love a link to it.  Or just ananswer please and Thank you!

Message 3 of 6

@kjf74 wrote:

Are there any extenders that would solve this problem and work with my router MK63-100NAS? 

It depends on what you want to achieve. There is one outdoor wireless access point that you aren't likely to come across in the Nighthawk Mesh community that you were, for some unfathomable reason, directed to.

The RBS50Y (v1 or v2) Orbi Outdoor Satellite is, as the name suggests, actually billed as an Orbi device, but it also has an AP mode that will work with other routers.

Whether or not it will work as genuine Mesh with the MK63 is a different question. But that may not matter in your circumstances.

Be warned, it is not cheap.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can also post there as well as that is the more appropriate forum for your model product. 

Thank you. 

@kjf74 wrote:

I went there first but couldn't find an answer to my question.  So if there is a disussion tht covers it I would love a link to it.  Or just ananswer please and Thank you!

Message 5 of 6

@kjf74 wrote:

So if there is a disussion tht covers it I would love a link to it.  Or just ananswer please and Thank you!

It is a generic thing. This is as good a place as any to ask that sort of question.Hence my answer.

You are probably more likely to get replies here, where the traffic is busy, than in some obscure bolt hole with a handful of users.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series