Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 UPnP/Teredo, Issues with NAT

AdamB920
Aspirant

R6700v3 UPnP/Teredo, Issues with NAT

My Nighthawk R6700v3 router has been having consistent issues connecting to multiplayer services, especially with a wired connection. On a daily basis each of my ethernet port lights will turn amber, and on an hourly basis I will lose network connection while playing on my Xbox. When I'm off wired connection my ping is between 400 and 1200ms. I've been consistently stuck to Strict NAT type. I've recently been getting messages of UPnP not successful and also prompts for xbox.com/xboxone/teredo. I have tried turning UPnP off and back on again and I have set up port forwarding to all 7 of Xbox's listed ports. I'm still dropping connection on nearly an hourly basis, and the lights for my ethernet ports will only last about an hour until they turn amber. Is this a hardware issue or is there some sort of setting I am missing? All of my firmware is updated to the latest settings and I have tried restarting my router numerous times.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700v3 UPnP/Teredo, Issues with NAT

what modem are you using? 

What actual firmware do you have? the latest isn't always the latest or isn't always the greatest. 

Did you ever try a firmware reinstall (in case its corrupted) followed by a factory reset and manual reinstall (not using a backup configuration)?

Message 2 of 11
AdamB920
Aspirant

I'm not entirely sure on the modem due to the fact that my ISP is through my apartment complex. As far as actual firmware, my firmware version is V1.0.4.106_10.0.80. I haven't tried reinstalling firmware (I haven't seen anywhere that prompts me with that option). 

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

there's not a prompt. 

You download the firmware from the support site, then follow the manual firmware update process from the manual but instead of using "new" firmware, you use the one you download. You'd use the same process if you downgraded firmware. 

Try to do it over a hardwired connection. When we see corrupt firmware issues, it tends to be when done through the app, over wifi, or using the auto-update. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r6700v3

Message 4 of 11
AdamB920
Aspirant

I've now downloaded the most up to date firmware through a wired connection on my computer. Since the new firmware download, my ethernet connection ports have been consistently amber. I've had no changes in performance either, still having strict NAT types, UPnP and Teredo issues displaying and cannot connect to multiplayer services.

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

try installing version 1.0.3.66 and use that same install from hardwired connection, factory reset, clean install. 

Message 6 of 11
AdamB920
Aspirant

I downloaded the 1.0.3.66 firmware which was still bringing up the same issues. I went ahead and did the factory reset and cleaned all memory via the router webpage. Reinstalled 1.0.3.66. I was then getting messages of double NAT type found. I’ve remained on the 1.0.3.66 firmware and haven’t upgraded back. I’ve been having issues each time I’ve restarted the router with the second light (internet light) turning back on despite all cables being connected. All wired connection ports remain lit up amber
Message 7 of 11
plemans
Guru

You said your apartment provides the isp? 

If you put the netgear router in ap mode, does it work? 

Message 8 of 11
AdamB920
Aspirant

Yes, my apartment provides the internet. I’ve tried twice to put it in ap mode to remedy the double NAT type and each type while restarting the router was unable to identify my internet for about 5 minutes. The second light (internet light) wouldn’t turn on and I’d lose connection while trying to update the router and I’d ultimately have to reset the router.
Message 9 of 11
plemans
Guru

Did you check with the apartments ISP/setup? 

Message 10 of 11
AdamB920
Aspirant

I’ve asked if they’re having any issues or any other reports of outages and they’ve said there’s been no complaints. I’m not sure what I’d be looking to check on with the setup, but I can give it a try
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7