Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3

GMKing
Tutor

R6700v3

Help! Iwas in advanced setup making sure the remote management was not on and saw the tab for wireless AP and wanted to check it out. A box came up and I needed to IP address first, so I closed the box I did not want to mess with it. However the app decided too make the change anyway. Now I have an icon on the app that shows all is running through Ethernet cable, however nothing in the house can connect, so I can't change out back! I am on my cell trying too find an answer as I cannot find a phone number or anything. Am I going to have to completely start from scratch? I hatethis thing been absolute trouble since the day out came in the door.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
GMKing
Tutor

Re: R6700v3

Thank you (I think) for your info. 

I did say once I clicked on the tab for information, I noted that I did not want to move forward, and backed out.  Normally, clicking on the "x" would mean the same as "cancel".  So I was not only surprised that the app moved forward with the command - it also made it impossible for me to do anything else, much less cancel the request that was placed forward without my initiaition.  I set up my old NETGEAR router and continued to search for answers on what was done. 

I found that one can use an existing replaced router as an extra wifi station so that wifi signal can more effectively move through the house by attaching an Ethernet cable on the new router to the old router and then asking the app to "Manage AP" would effectively push from the new router to the old router having them both work at once to extend the signal.  I would expect you to know that.  I also don't need that.

I am also sorry to hear that you think I randomly puruse through app information and move around without knowledge as to what I am doing.  I did say that I tried to back out in order to find out more before I moved forward.  That being said I have also paid for training on site with a technician if you will on what I have, how it works and what I need to do when issues arrive. Because I have no intention of ramdomly moving around and clicking on things without knowing what they are.  I run my business from my home.  I have no need to screw things up. 

So next time you answer someone's cry for assistance - in order to LEARN - please keep the snotty comments to yourself please.  I normally don't come to these boards for that exact reason.  IT snobs are not my kind of people. IT helpers are.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] Iwas in advanced setup [...]

Which "advanced setup" where?  Were you using a web browser, or some
app or other, or what?

> [...] the app [...]

Which "the app"?

> [...] Am I going to have to completely start from scratch? [...]

That'd probably be the smart move.

> [...] I hatethis thing been absolute trouble since the day out came in
> the door.

If you expect to fiddle randomly with stuff which you don't
understand, and _not_ suffer the inevitable consequences, then you might
be in for some disappointment.

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "Reset".
(Further reading might be helpful, too.)

Message 2 of 3
GMKing
Tutor

Thank you (I think) for your info. 

I did say once I clicked on the tab for information, I noted that I did not want to move forward, and backed out.  Normally, clicking on the "x" would mean the same as "cancel".  So I was not only surprised that the app moved forward with the command - it also made it impossible for me to do anything else, much less cancel the request that was placed forward without my initiaition.  I set up my old NETGEAR router and continued to search for answers on what was done. 

I found that one can use an existing replaced router as an extra wifi station so that wifi signal can more effectively move through the house by attaching an Ethernet cable on the new router to the old router and then asking the app to "Manage AP" would effectively push from the new router to the old router having them both work at once to extend the signal.  I would expect you to know that.  I also don't need that.

I am also sorry to hear that you think I randomly puruse through app information and move around without knowledge as to what I am doing.  I did say that I tried to back out in order to find out more before I moved forward.  That being said I have also paid for training on site with a technician if you will on what I have, how it works and what I need to do when issues arrive. Because I have no intention of ramdomly moving around and clicking on things without knowing what they are.  I run my business from my home.  I have no need to screw things up. 

So next time you answer someone's cry for assistance - in order to LEARN - please keep the snotty comments to yourself please.  I normally don't come to these boards for that exact reason.  IT snobs are not my kind of people. IT helpers are.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7