Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6900 Seems to block certain web sites for no reason

Deltahulk
Aspirant

R6900 Seems to block certain web sites for no reason

Nighthawk R6900 Firmware Version V1.0.1.22_1.0.18 (Latest Version) Windows 10 Home Version 1703 Samsung Galaxy S8 Recently I had problem accessing Craigslist.org and then later iomoio.com . At first I thought my ISP, which is Spectrum was blocking these domains. As part of my troubleshooting I tried using different browsers and different devices. All of these urls gave me timeout errors. I could access these urls if I used my cell phone without Wi-Fi access or if I used it as a hotspot for my laptop. away from home. So I used a proxy server through my desktop and I was able to access the urls. Next I connected my laptop directly to my cable modem and was able to access the urls. At this point it seems that my router is the problem. After accessing the administrative functions of the router I could not find any reason why my router would block these urls. I have no parental restrictions in place, no blocked ip addresses specified. I cannot find any apparent cause for these urls to be blocked. So I'm out of ideas at this point and am looking for help. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: R6900 Seems to block certain web sites for no reason

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
SystemCrash
Guide

Are you using any custom DNS servers? If not, try using 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 (Google DNS servers) as a DNS server.
Message 2 of 5
Deltahulk
Aspirant

I changed the DNS servers and it seems to have helped with Craigslist. However, iomoio.com always times out when going through the router. When connected directly to the modem I have no problem logging on or if I logon through the hotspot connection on my Samsung S8 with Verizon there aren't any problems. So at this point 1/2 of my problem is solved.

Truly, I do appreciate the help you provided.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi Deltahulk,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7