Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 2.4ghz Wifi crashes internet

routerkm
Aspirant

R7000 2.4ghz Wifi crashes internet

I have a ADSL2+ modem that connects (via a switch) to my R7000 router.

Even after a hard reset, putting it in Access Point Mode and disabling QOS, as soon as the 2.4GhZ wifi is turned on, the entire network internet crashes. It crashes the internet even on the computers that dont connect through the router ie computers connected directly to the ADSL modem via ethernet also crash (load at a crawl or dropout).

When the 5Ghz wifi is on and the 2.4Ghz is off, the internet restores.

I have placed the R7000 in access point mode, set it a Static Ip address outside of the DHCP address range (the ADSL modem is the DHCP server) and still I have no luck. I even warm restarted all network devices.

Does anybody have any issues. This issue has only occured after installing the latest firmware update.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
routerkm
Aspirant

Re: R7000 2.4ghz Wifi crashes internet

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I think I may have fixed it. Whilst I beleived nothing was connecting to the wireless connection as everything seemed either off or disconnected, I changed the wifi network password to force disconnect everything from connecting. Then once I turned the wifi on the internet did not come to a hault on any device.

The r7000 still acts as a AP as the modem does have a wireless.

Thanks for your response. Hope this may help someone solve their issue.

thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
mondenath
Prodigy

Can you try setting the r7000 as router instead of AP. As the Modem doesnt have a wifi. You can set it as router. The AP is only suited well if you are extending the exisiting wifi to another room when connected wired. As AP does lose the most usefull feature even one decided to not use.

Message 2 of 3
routerkm
Aspirant

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I think I may have fixed it. Whilst I beleived nothing was connecting to the wireless connection as everything seemed either off or disconnected, I changed the wifi network password to force disconnect everything from connecting. Then once I turned the wifi on the internet did not come to a hault on any device.

The r7000 still acts as a AP as the modem does have a wireless.

Thanks for your response. Hope this may help someone solve their issue.

thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7