Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 - Can't Login, Can't Reset

wowthatsneat
Aspirant

R7000 - Can't Login, Can't Reset

I flashed my R7000 to the Initial Release firmware - Version 1.0.0.96.

I didn't encounter any problems, but now I cannot login into the router.

I am assigned a 192.168.1.x IP address and can reach the router at 192.168.1.1. A pop-up prompts for user/pass, which I use the credentials: admin/password.

That doesn't work. I try admin/admin, root/admin, root/root, root/password, etc. Nothing works.

When I hit cancel, instead of getting a password recovery page, I get a screen that says:

Forgotten Admin Password

Admin password is "password" by default.

If you changed the default password but did not enable password recovery, then the only way to recover the password is to reset the device to factory default. Use a pin to press and hold the reset button for 5-8 seconds to do so.

I held the pin down for 8 seconds, the lights flashed, it looked like it was factory resetting. Tried to login with admin/password and it still won't let me in.

I've tried the TFTP method, but my R7000 power LED never blinks orange. It's a faint orange for a couple seconds, then a solid orange through the entire boot process.

I've tried forcing the TFTP command different times during the boot process, but nothing works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
wowthatsneat
Aspirant

Re: R7000 - Can't Login, Can't Reset

I was able to flash to the newest firmware using nmrpflash - https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
wowthatsneat
Aspirant

Re: R7000 - Can't Login, Can't Reset

I was able to flash to the newest firmware using nmrpflash - https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7