Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 QOS Slows Down 200mbps Connection

waresoft
Star

R7000 QOS Slows Down 200mbps Connection

I have Comcast HighSpeed internet.   I upgraded to their 200mbps speed.   I did have 100mbps.   I had dynamic qos setup for the 100mbps connection and never had a problem.   But with the qos enabled with 200mbps I can only get 117mbps.   With it disabled I get 241 mbps down.   Is there a way to keep it enabled and still max out my connection if my pc is the only device downloading at the moment?

On my network I use 3 Rokus,  3 Smart Phones, an XBOX, a Desktop PC, A Notebook, A Netbook, and guest devices (up to 3 sometimes) 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 QOS Slows Down 200mbps Connection

QoS is pretty CPU intensive and it only comes into play when your Internet connection is congested.  Unless you are making full use of your Internet connection, you should turn off QoS.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
William10a
Master

@waresoft wrote:

I have Comcast HighSpeed internet.   I upgraded to their 200mbps speed.   I did have 100mbps.   I had dynamic qos setup for the 100mbps connection and never had a problem.   But with the qos enabled with 200mbps I can only get 117mbps.   With it disabled I get 241 mbps down.   Is there a way to keep it enabled and still max out my connection if my pc is the only device downloading at the moment?

On my network I use 3 Rokus,  3 Smart Phones, an XBOX, a Desktop PC, A Notebook, A Netbook, and guest devices (up to 3 sometimes) 

Have you told the qos about the new 200mb speed ?

Message 2 of 5
waresoft
Star

Yes
Message 3 of 5
TheEther
Guru

QoS is pretty CPU intensive and it only comes into play when your Internet connection is congested.  Unless you are making full use of your Internet connection, you should turn off QoS.

Message 4 of 5
waresoft
Star

Thank you. That makes sense.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements