Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 router issue

loum
Aspirant

R7000 router issue

My internet connection through my wireless router (R7000) keeps cutting out, sometime multiple times per day.  I then have to shut it down, turn it back on and let it reboot.  Our devices can then reconnect with the wireless network until it cuts out again.  The process repeats.  I know the internet signal is reaching my home through my provider, Greenlight, as when I connect my latop directly through the Ethernet cable, I have no difficulty connecting with the internet.  This affects all my devices (latops, smart phones, Roku connection, etc at the same time) so I know it's not a problem with the individual devices.  It is definitely a router issue.  I am not sure how to fix this, or do I need new equipment?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 router issue

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

what greenlight modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the router? 

Message 3 of 4
loum
Aspirant

I do not know what firmwear version is currently loaded.  How do I find out that information?  My service was installed in July 2020.  Was there a particular firmwear version that was in use then?

The modem is a Nokia.  There are a bunch of numbers on the unit...none of them are specifically labelled as the model #.  I see G-010G-A.  There is also a number under the word "Intertek" 4006119.  There are other #s including ONT P/N, MAC, SN, and CLEI Code #s.

Our yellow ethernet cable connects to WAN on the router.  I don't know the answer to your other questions as to Auto channel vs "manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz"...sorry, I have no clue what that means!  I don't see any such options on my equipment.

We have several neighbors with WIFI.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7