Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P and firmware V1.3.2.134_10.1.66

gordo5
Aspirant

R7000P and firmware V1.3.2.134_10.1.66

I'm just reporting an issue I observed with firmware V1.3.2.134_10.1.66, which was recently applied to my router via the auto update feature.  

I'm in a remote location with limited internet ( 5 Mbps down, 1 up! ) and with two people working from home.  This requires careful and frugal use of internet resources (we turn our phones off at the beginning of a work day, for example) but still, sometimes a piece of background software surprises you and starts consuming resources, stopping our ability to work.  This is where, with QoS enabled, the "Attached Devices" screen becomes indispensible.  

r7000_attached_devices_Capture.PNG

Using this I could quickly identify the problem device, which has been my saviour!  This would allow us to quickly resolve issues and get back to work. Version V1.3.2.134_10.1.66 broke this.  While you often saw some items in the device list change as you refresh the page, it's much more pronounced now and, even worse, from my anecdotal experience it doesn't appear to report anything but "0.00 Mbps" for all devices now, rendering this essential (to me) feature useless  😞

So, I've downgraded to firmware version V1.3.2.126_10.1.66 and turned off auto update and I'm now a happy camper again.  The diagnostic tools that I rely so heavily on now work again 🙂    I just wanted to share this experience with the community and hopefully someone at Netgear will read this, because I can't find any other way to report the issue.

I do like the auto update feature and prefer to keep my software current, but I'll be staying with V1.3.2.126_10.1.66 for now.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7