Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P can't connect to network

hajjy
Aspirant

R7000P can't connect to network

So I chose to use a different internet provider and when I type in the username and the password it still doesn't connect. I've made sure its a PPPoE connection but it still won't work. I've factory reset the modem and tried from scratch using the setup Genie and doing it manually but still no luck. ive double checked connection is running on the providers end and username and password are correct swell. what am I missing??? any info would be appreciated.

cheers

Mick

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000P can't connect to network

Who's your "different provider"?
Do they require a modem/gateway? 

What type of service is it? 

You were a little vague on details. 

Message 2 of 6

@hajjy wrote:

So I chose to use a different internet provider....

You asked them how to set up your connection?

Message 3 of 6
hajjy
Aspirant

Yep, gave them a call and everything Ive done is correct. After trying the same thing for about 20 times… it has finally just connected and all is good. Thanks for replying to my post fellas !
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please give more details next time you post so we can help you better.

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 6

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 📡

Don't bother. That's not going to help anyone. We have  no idea why @hajjy had problems and how they fixed them.

The Solved flag is only useful when it offers other victims clues as to what they can do. Saying "I talked to the ISP" and "everything Ive done is correct" hardly qualifies".

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7