Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P wireless bridge often drops connection when using dynamic ip address.

Kospelo
Follower

R7000P wireless bridge often drops connection when using dynamic ip address.

Hello. Im would need some help with setting up my router as wireless bridge. I use my mobile phone samsung galaxy a51 as mobile hotspot and try to share the connection wirelessly to the r7000p and from there wired to my computer that is located in our basement. I manage to get an ok connection but the problem is that i often lose the connection to the internet and network is classed as "unidentified network". Especially it feels like i lose connection most often when i start to use and surf on the internet with my mobile phone while i share the internet to my computer.

Right now i use static ip address on my computer and router. I use static ip address setting on my bridge for the gateway (mobile hotspot) too but the problem is that the mobile hotspot can change its local ip address and then the wireless bridge wont connect to the hotspot. If i use dynamic ip address on my wireless bridge then the connection drops. So for me the problem seems to be between wireless bridge and mobile hotspot. Can someone help me setting up a more stable connection?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7