Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7450 Nighthawk won’t connect to wireless devices

Klmksc
Aspirant

R7450 Nighthawk won’t connect to wireless devices

My router is connected to my desktop computer with a cable and I am able to connect to the internet properly, but I am not able to connect any of my wireless devices to the router. Up until today I have been able to do this but it stopped working today. I have tested my modem and have tried resetting both several times, but still no connection. I have downloaded the Nighthawk app to update firmware but the process only works if my wireless device is connected to the router, so that is useless. There is nothing that I have found that I can download to my desktop to update. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: R7450 Nighthawk won’t connect to wireless devices

@Klmksc wrote:
My router is connected to my desktop computer with a cable and I am able to connect to the internet properly, but I am not able to connect any of my wireless devices to the router. Up until today I have been able to do this but it stopped working today. I have tested my modem and have tried resetting both several times, but still no connection. I have downloaded the Nighthawk app to update firmware but the process only works if my wireless device is connected to the router, so that is useless. There is nothing that I have found that I can download to my desktop to update. Any suggestions? Thanks!

What do the LED indicators on the front show?  In particular the second one in from the right.  Is it illuminated?  If no, press and hold for a couple of seconds as it is a combination indicator/switch.  This will turn the Wi-Fi radios on.

Experienced Netgear users prefer to manually update the firmware on their routers when needed.  Go to the Downloads section at the top of this page, type in the model number of your router and it will take you to a page where you can download the latest firmware as well as the manual.

Here are the instructions for manually updating the firmware:  https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router .

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@Klmksc wrote:

What do the LED indicators on the front show?  In particular the second one in from the right.  Is it illuminated?  If no, press and hold for a couple of seconds as it is a combination indicator/switch.  This will turn the Wi-Fi radios on.

Experienced Netgear users prefer to manually update the firmware on their routers when needed.  Go to the Downloads section at the top of this page, type in the model number of your router and it will take you to a page where you can download the latest firmware as well as the manual.

Here are the instructions for manually updating the firmware:  https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router .

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

A little more details help. 

1. is the wifi ssid broadcasting? 

2. is it broadcasting but you can't connect to it? 

3. can you connect to it but says "connected, no internet"?

4. What are the led's on it doing? 

Message 3 of 5
Klmksc
Aspirant

Thank you so much! I was able to login and update the firmware. Very helpful!
Message 4 of 5
Klmksc
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements