Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7800 XS - Readyshare Permissions

Acrid
Aspirant

R7800 XS - Readyshare Permissions

Ok, so I scoured through tons of forums looking for a solution for this and I created an account because I think I must be missing something.  I bought this router a few months back and I have been using it for basic connections and it has been flawless.

I decided to move my 2 seagate external hard drives, containing mostly movies and tv shows, from my local machine to the usb ports on the side of the router.  I set up everything and it looked like it was also flawless.  I am able to locate all of the files on the hard drives using windows explorer.  The problem started when I tried to playback the movies.  Most of the movies worked perfectly but some were inaccessible.  I assumed the problem was with VLC but when I tried to stream them using WMP they still didn't work.  I switched the hard drives back to my pc and everything works fine so I know my files aren't corrupted.  After further investigation I saw that some of the files on the disk now show 0 size on disk.  Most of the files work fine but a few random folders are basically "permissioned" so that I cannot do anything with them.  If this was an all or nothing issue then I would have probably been able to find a solution by now but the randomness of this leads me to ask for help.

As far as troubleshooting, my readyshare is set with read/write access for anyone with no password.  Any advice is appreciated as I am not seeing any recent posts with this error.  (BTW, I do have the latest firmware, and I have run check disk on the drive while attached to my pc, and I have rebooted and replugged the drive and the router many times, and it hasn't helped.)

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Acrid
Aspirant

Re: R7800 XS - Readyshare Permissions

Thanks for all the help...  But anyway, a firmware update came out and the main issue is fixed.  Great community.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Acrid
Aspirant

Re: R7800 XS - Readyshare Permissions

Thanks for all the help...  But anyway, a firmware update came out and the main issue is fixed.  Great community.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7