Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7900P connection problem

NPT
Guide
Guide

R7900P connection problem

Any idea why one of my 5G bands works fine and the other other doesn't work very well? When I connect to one it works fine and will run at 500Mbps(up and down), which is the limit of my internet package.  If I connect to the other it will connect and run but real slow. In other words if I try to run speedtest.net it takes forever for it to put up the home page so I can test the speed. I figure if it is that slow thee is no need to run the test. However I did finally run it once and the download speed was less than 1Mbps and the upload speed was around 7Mbps. The ports are configured the same way as far as I can tell by looking.

The router has the lastest firmware installed.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: R7900P connection problem

1. What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. You put the "latest". That changes, might not be, or might not be the best. What actual number are you on? 

3. did this start recently? Or when did it start? 

Message 2 of 5
NPT
Guide
Guide

Firmware : V1.4.1.68_1.3.28

I don't know when it started because I normally don't use the second band but I know it used to work the same way at the other band a year or two ago.

Look at the attached document..... the router is connected to the device in the top picture and that device is connected to the device (D-Link) in the second picture.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you try a factory reset and reinstall of the router?

Message 4 of 5
NPT
Guide
Guide

No I haven't .... I was gonna do that this afternoon but about 11 AM the electricty went out for a short time and when the power came back on and the router booted back up everything was fine.  I had rebooted the router several times before but had never powered it down.  Thanks for replying.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7