Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7960 Firmware update causing problems

dayrs2718
Aspirant

R7960 Firmware update causing problems

Netgear sent a firmware update for my router a day ago. Since then I have trouble logging in as the admin. Usually times out. If it does get logged in it no longer detects connected devices. I've power cycled the router multiple times and uninstalled the Nighthawk app and reinstalled a couple of times. Has anyone else been having trouble with the recent firmware update for a tri band nighthawk router?

Also, Netgear suppport  seems to be non existenst. I'm not interested in paying 90 dollars to fix problems that they create! They seem to consider their user base a nuisance

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: R7960 Firmware update causing problems

have you tried a factory reset and clean install? 

If there's an issue after a firmware update, its a reaonsable first step. 

Message 2 of 5
Irby
Aspirant

Same issue here. Seems to be a problem with the application. I can still access the router web based just no functionality with the application. Netgear needs to fix their problem.
Message 3 of 5
Irby
Aspirant

Download old firmware and manually update using the router login address via web browser. This fixed the problem for me. Old version is v1.4.1.50_1.3.10.chk
Message 4 of 5
giovannih78
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat.

Extremely frustrating to say the least. Paid nearly $200 and after a year, there's absolutely no support. 

Seems like this app is causing major headaches for most.  I know I will never ever buy Netgear product again, although it is tempting to upgrade to their mesh router.  But I know there are many different options out there, and companies that don't support their customer and only interested in hosing them should be punished.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7