Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000 Router Bottlenecking - SLOW Speeds

MChimento
Aspirant

R8000 Router Bottlenecking - SLOW Speeds

Currently dealing with abysmal upload and download speeds... We should be getting 400/400. According to most tests, we're not seeing an upload over 60, download is 100-300. (Used Nighthawk, fast.com, ISP speed test service).

Actions Taken:

1. Contacted ISP- all speed tests and trouble shooting done. Wired test to ISP box shows excellent speeds. Rep indicated that the router is "bottle necking" the wifi. 

2. Replaced ethrenet cables with cat 6 cords.

3. Checked firmware- All firmware is up-to-date this is the current version- V1.0.4.76_10.1.82

4. Turned off Smart Connect so we currently have three bands

5. Did a factory reset

6. Based on several related discussion, I logged into the router online, went to DynamicQoS and turned it off. Tried to define the bandwidth, but the setting wouldn't apply. 

7. Turned off Traffic Meter.

This has been happening almost since my purchase of the product. I let it go, but with a new internet need, I need it fixed. 

Thanks for any and all help.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R8000 Router Bottlenecking - SLOW Speeds

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What wired and wireless devices do you have connected? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

v1.0.5.38 is most current version of FW.

Message 2 of 3
MChimento
Aspirant

Re: R8000 Router Bottlenecking - SLOW Speeds

1. I don't know the answer to this- we have the ISP ONT outside in a box. We ran a speed test directly from this with the ISP and it was giving us a great wired read. 

2. Wired (1) Xbox, wireless (9)- two cells, surround sound system, ereader, Ring, laptops

3. No, we haven't. We did a hard reset on the firmware listed, but will do this now. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7