Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P Xbox Constant Connection Issues

R8000P Xbox Constant Connection Issues

Ever since I switched to this router my Xbox series x has been having issues. I’ll click on an app and it will say something along the lines of “not connected to network” even though it is. I’ve tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands. Restarting the Xbox will get apps going but when I switch between a game and Hulu/Netflix/etc it will give me an error and not log me into the app. It worked flawlessly before the new router. My NAT is open when I run diagnostics. I fully reset the Xbox and that didn’t change anything. I went through the steps to port forward and that didn’t help. Everything else on our network is working perfectly along with our PlayStation that is having none of these issues. Also sometimes just joining a group chat will just give an error and I’ll have to reset the system to join. Any ideas?

Netgear Armor Protection is OFF

Firmware on the NETGEAR router. V1.4.4.94_1.3.56

On the Xbox it shows Download speed 197.67 Mbps Upload 19.75 Mbps 0% packet loss MTU 1480 Latency 49 ms Wireless strength 84%

Service Provider - spectrum Modem E31T2V1

It’s weird because I can play Call of Duty online with zero issues for hours then if I go back to the home page and switch to another app like Hulu it will give me an error and say I must be connected to the internet. Or I will be watching Apple TV and 10 minutes into the show it will just stop and I’ll have to exit out and wait to restart instead of buffering and it continuing on its own. I get lots of errors with apps stating I am not connected to a network. Besides the isses with the xbox everything else running on wifi is working perfectly. 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000P Xbox Constant Connection Issues

Do you have IPv6 enabled? If not, try enabling it. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies

@Joshmarshall123 wrote:

Ever since I switched to this router my Xbox series x has been having issues.

Getting those things to play nicely with routers of any brand seems to be a challenge.

You can see from trying this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox series x

Maybe there is something in there that offers a few clues.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Do you have IPv6 enabled? If not, try enabling it. 

Message 3 of 5

So far it seems like turning on IPv6 auto has fixed my issues. Will report back if anything changes. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked! you might mark it solved so others aren't still trying to fix it. (and a backup doesn't hurt)

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7