Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8500 WORTH IT

Jemalone22
Aspirant

R8500 WORTH IT

Is the R8500 stable enough now to consider purchasing one. I see lots of people talking about the reboot loop. I need to replace my R7000 that is failing now. I like that it has 6 ports.
Thanks

Jack
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: R8500 WORTH IT

The R7800 certainly seems to be Netgear's flagship product in its price range. It even used the basic design for a flashy new gamers' router.

As to extra ports, @microchip8 is spot on. You can never have too many LAN ports. I started life with a four-port switch, then went to eight, and now have 16. (All those NAS boxes.) And a switch will still be there four routers from now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
microchip8
Master

Still issues here and there. Go for the R7800 - extremely stable and best WiFi of all NG routers, including with working MU-MIMO. If you want more than 4 ports, a cheap dumb switch will do

Message 2 of 4

The R7800 certainly seems to be Netgear's flagship product in its price range. It even used the basic design for a flashy new gamers' router.

As to extra ports, @microchip8 is spot on. You can never have too many LAN ports. I started life with a four-port switch, then went to eight, and now have 16. (All those NAS boxes.) And a switch will still be there four routers from now.

Message 3 of 4
BUFFBOY
Aspirant

I'm in the same boat.

Maybe R7800 is the way to go?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation