Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA problem - pictures incorrect orientation

hampal
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA problem - pictures incorrect orientation

When connected to ReadyDLNA all pictures display in landscape orientation even if they are supposed to display in portrait. If I connect to the same ReadyShare drive wih SMB/CIFS they show in the correct orientation. How can I fix this on ReadyDLNA?

My smart TV can only access the drive via DLNA and it shows the pics in the wrong orientation. The same picture files shown through a different media server on my PC display in the correct orientation. The problem appears to be with the ReadyDLNA server not the TV.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: ReadyDLNA problem - pictures incorrect orientation

Hard to see how ReadyDLNA or ReadyShare can rotate images. That's down to the client.

More important, I see no sign that there is a DLNA media server or support for ReadyDLNA in the C7000. It isn't mentioned in the manual.

If that is what you own, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 4
hampal
Aspirant

It's actually a c7000v2 but that wasn't an option on the dropdown. ReadyDLNA and ReadyShare are definitely features of this router/modem. What I don't get is how the same picture displays correctly on the same client when using Servio or plex as the DLNA server, but copy it to readyshare and display it through ReadyDLNA and it's sideways. Same thing happens with some videos.
Message 3 of 4

@hampal wrote:
It's actually a c7000v2 but that wasn't an option on the dropdown. ReadyDLNA and ReadyShare are definitely features of this router/modem.

The answer is to include key details in the text of the message.

No matter, I see no sign that the c7000v2 supports ReadyDLNA. ReadyShare is something else.

The only cable modem/routers that do promise ReadyDLNA are the C6250 and the newer CAX30 and CAX80.

Then again, this would not be the first time that the manual had things wrong.

The good news is that if a cable modem router does support something, there won't be newer firmware that wipes out features, which has happened to some routers. Netgear cannot change the firmware on a cable modem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7