Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare mobile "disconnected"

rmccarro
Aspirant

Readyshare mobile "disconnected"

Hello,

Quick question.  I have an R8500 with USB attached storage.  I can access via webpage remotely, no issues.  However, I cannot access my USB attached storage using android mobile app on my smart phone (neither on 4G network or LAN).

WHen I open ReadyCLOUD mobile app, I see R8500 (online).  When I tap on device, I see "connecting" for about 15 seconds, then "Disconnected" appears.  I have tried logging off and back on.  I have tried un-installing and re-installing.  I have tried using alternative device (Samsung Tab 4).  No luck.

Is there a setting in the router I have missed?

Thanks,

Richard

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
rmccarro
Aspirant

Re: Readyshare mobile "disconnected"

ElaineM,

Thank you for pointing out the firmware you were running.  The Netgear rep you forwarded me to (Joey) instructed me to update.

To solve the problem:

#1 - I updated the firmware with the built in router firmware update software to 1.0.2.64.

#2 - The Tablet started to work right away.  No additional steps here.

#3 - The phone did not.  I uninstalled and re-installed the Readycloud app to the newer version.  It then started to work and is currently uploading photos now.

Not sure about the Iphone yet, but feeling pretty good this problem is solved.

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Side note:  #1 Got out of work early today. #2 Fixed an 8" crack on the inside of my windshield, on the first try, with a tool I've never used before (Crackeraser).  Hmm, I wonder what the lottery is up to now-a-days.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @rmccarro

Welcome to the community!

What's the OS of your Android device?

What's the version of the ReadyCloud app?

Message 2 of 6
rmccarro
Aspirant

ElaineM,

Thanks for your reply.  I recently attempted connecting with Iphone 6s plus, w/o luck either.

Router Firmware Version:
V1.0.2.54_1.0.56

My Android OS (phone) is: 6.0.1

App version: 1.2.6

My Android OS (tablet) is: 5.0.2

App version: 1.2.7

My Iphone OS is: 9.3.2 (13F69)

App version: 1.5.8

Thanks,

Richard

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rmccarro Thank you for the information. Interestingly, it's working with an iPhone 5SE (9.3.2), however, the firmware on my router is the latest 1.0.2.64.

Anyhow, I will forward you to one of our support personnel and they'll be in contact with you separately.

Message 4 of 6
rmccarro
Aspirant

ElaineM,

Thank you for pointing out the firmware you were running.  The Netgear rep you forwarded me to (Joey) instructed me to update.

To solve the problem:

#1 - I updated the firmware with the built in router firmware update software to 1.0.2.64.

#2 - The Tablet started to work right away.  No additional steps here.

#3 - The phone did not.  I uninstalled and re-installed the Readycloud app to the newer version.  It then started to work and is currently uploading photos now.

Not sure about the Iphone yet, but feeling pretty good this problem is solved.

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Side note:  #1 Got out of work early today. #2 Fixed an 8" crack on the inside of my windshield, on the first try, with a tool I've never used before (Crackeraser).  Hmm, I wonder what the lottery is up to now-a-days.

Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad to hear that it's now working and thank you for your update!

Sounds like you had a productive day.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a great weekend!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7