They will need to register it under their own name 

How do I do this?

Thanks 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: Remove or deregister product

There is no self-service removal from registration. Send an email to customer.support@netgear.com stating the Netgear account, model and serial number.

Be aware devices and warranty is not transferable.

All services are workable independent of the product registration. A factory reset can be required.

Message 2 of 5
Paulio16
Aspirant

Thanks Schumaku, hopefully they respond to my emails soon!

@schumaku wrote:

There is no self-service removal from registration. Send an email to customer.support@netgear.com stating the Netgear account, model and serial number.

Be aware devices and warranty is not transferable.

All services are workable independent of the product registration. A factory reset can be required.

Thanks for your assistance Schumaku, hopefully they respond to my emails soon

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

I stay corrected - appears Netgear has added a user control for removing products from the account:

Please follow the steps listed below to remove products from your account.

Scroll down and click View Product button for the product you wish to remove from your account
Scroll down and click "Unregister Product" in grey (below the "Community Links" button)
You will be asked to confirm you want to unregister your product (*Unregistering your product will remove the product from your account. It may be re-registered to the same account. If it is re-registered to another account, any warranty will not be transferable, per the NETGEAR warranty.)
Click "Yes, unregister my product"

If you are still having issues registering or unregistering your devices please check out the KB below as it has an Email address to contact.

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ

Message 4 of 5
Paulio16
Aspirant

Thank You So Much 

@schumaku wrote:

I stay corrected - appears Netgear has added a user control for removing products from the account:

Please follow the steps listed below to remove products from your account.

Scroll down and click View Product button for the product you wish to remove from your account
Scroll down and click "Unregister Product" in grey (below the "Community Links" button)
You will be asked to confirm you want to unregister your product (*Unregistering your product will remove the product from your account. It may be re-registered to the same account. If it is re-registered to another account, any warranty will not be transferable, per the NETGEAR warranty.)
Click "Yes, unregister my product"

If you are still having issues registering or unregistering your devices please check out the KB below as it has an Email address to contact.

https://kb.netgear.com/1160/NETGEAR-Product-Registration-FAQ

Thank You So Much

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series