Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router bricked in extender mode (R7000)

nhwecuoa2563453
Follower

Router bricked in extender mode (R7000)

I tried to configure my router for wireless extender mode. Router A is my router that connects to the ISP, and router B is the nighthawk. I connected to router B's wifi network and gave it a static IP, then put it into wifi extend mode. It restarted like normal, but the wifi network was not appearing again for configuration. I restarted router B, then turned wifi mode off on router B. Now, I can't turn wifi mode back on. The power LED is red-orange and the 2.4 ghz LED is faint white (although I think it is faint because it has worn out). I know that wifi mode was successfully turned off because the wifi mode and WPS buttons turned off. Despite this, I tried to connect to the router with a 2.4 ghz wifi adapter, but the network still didnt show. I tried all the LAN ports, and I tried pinging and firmware flash via TFTP:kb.netgear.com/000059634 I did all the steps successfully until Step 24, when the power LED did not start blinking. (I tried to flash 1.0.9.64 and 1.0.11.100, but this does not matter as the ping attempts I will elaborate on later, failed). Then, I tried factory resetting the device, pusing very hard with a paperclip, using these methods:

1. Press for 30 seconds. 2. 30.30.30. 3. The direction in the above article. 4. Pushing the button for 5 straight minutes to see if anything would happen. 5. Quickly powering off and powering on (maybe it would think something was wrong and auto-reset?).

I tried all of these at least 3 times.

Now, I will explain what LEDs light up when the device is restarted:

All LEDS on, red is on if present, making a pink color. All except WPS are on. 1 second.

Power (red), 5 ghz (white), and USB2 (white) are all faint, and wifi mode button is solid white. 3 seconds.

Power and internet (faint red), and both wifi and both usb (faint white). 3 seconds.

All LEDS on, red is on if present, making a pink color. All except WPS AND Wifi are on. 8 seconds.

Power LED and faint white 2.4 ghz. indefinitely.

Randomly every 10-120 secs the above sequence repeats but much shorter, maybe 5 seconds total.

Now, when I attach an ethernet cable to any of the LAN ports the router responds and turns on the white LED corresponding the port. Ping 192.168.1.1 120 times and no response. When the router is restarted, it will respond 4 times in <  3 ms during the 8 second light show above. Then silence again. I tried to run TFTP during this time but it still resturned the connection failed error. I also tried to access the web gui using 192.168.1.1 but also nothing. I tried this on both DHCP and static: gateway:192.168.1.1 ip: 192.168.1.10 subnet whatever:24

Windows recognises that it is connected to Netgear67, which is the same as the wifi network I used initially. Not sure if the number changed when the router is reset. If so thenmy reset button does not work.

I put every detail here. Hopefully it was not too dense. Thanks in advance.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7