Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router siifling internet connection R6900p

Prayerwimp
Aspirant

Router siifling internet connection R6900p

I am experiencing a loss of connection speed both with Wifi and hardwire. I am recieving 6mbps to my router but only getting 2.7mbps at best from the router. I have verified with a different router that the incoming speed is correct. I have reset the router and it did not change anything. Firmware Version V1.3.1.64_10.1.36, Windows 10, Any help is appreciated.

Model: R6900P|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Prayerwimp
Aspirant

Re: Router siifling internet connection R6900p

So with a little testing I found that it was not the firmware version(Sorry Netgear not your fault). The problem as far as I can tell from playing with the different versions is that the QoS must be speedtested and then click apply at the top in order for the router to accept the faster speed. I would think that it would recognize this by itself. So, if you have recently increased your internet speed and are not getting it from your Nighthawk try logging into your router and going to QoS and running a speedtest and then clicking apply at the top. I may be wrong, but now my router is working with the faster speed. Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Prayerwimp
Aspirant

I found a fix. I reverted to an old version of the firmware and now I am getting the proper speeds. The firmware version is R6900P-V1.3.1.44_10.1.23.chk. 

So is Netgear going to fix the updated firmware?

Message 2 of 3
Prayerwimp
Aspirant

So with a little testing I found that it was not the firmware version(Sorry Netgear not your fault). The problem as far as I can tell from playing with the different versions is that the QoS must be speedtested and then click apply at the top in order for the router to accept the faster speed. I would think that it would recognize this by itself. So, if you have recently increased your internet speed and are not getting it from your Nighthawk try logging into your router and going to QoS and running a speedtest and then clicking apply at the top. I may be wrong, but now my router is working with the faster speed. Let me know if this works for you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7