Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid amber Internet light

Wiineedmore
Aspirant

Solid amber Internet light

Good Morning, I recently purchased and set-up this router, I have a few things plugged via Ethernet cable directly into the router. Yesterday I plugged in a new device and get a solid amber light that never turns white like all the other cables.

According to the manual that means " The router has detected an Ethernet cable connection to the modem" ?  I tried port 1 and 4 but the light remains amber.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Wiineedmore
Aspirant

Re: Solid amber Internet light

Thank you, the good news I found the philips Hue bridge communicate with a rate of 100/10 Mbps. But, I couldn't find the info on the other device Samsung smartthings hub however, since they are for the same type of automation stuff I think it's safe to assume it's 100/10Mbps as well.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Wiineedmore

Amber light means that the device plugged in is only running up to 100Mbps or less.

The LAN ports of the router are capable of up to 1000Mbps.

If it's not the device then it could be the Ethernet cable used.

Message 2 of 6
Wiineedmore
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply @ElaineM I changed the Ethernet cables and added an additional device this device gets the same Amber light. The devices are a Smartthings hub and a Philips hue bridge both devices are new.
Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try to check at the specs of those devices if it's capable of up to 1000Mbps.

Message 4 of 6
Wiineedmore
Aspirant

Thank you, the good news I found the philips Hue bridge communicate with a rate of 100/10 Mbps. But, I couldn't find the info on the other device Samsung smartthings hub however, since they are for the same type of automation stuff I think it's safe to assume it's 100/10Mbps as well.

Thank you for your help.
Message 5 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your welcome! Perhaps, contact Samsung to verify the specs.

Glad that you were able to get the details of the other one.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7