Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Some devices can connect to the wifi, others cannot

lzhang27
Aspirant

Some devices can connect to the wifi, others cannot

I hooked everything up correctly, and just got the latest firmware to V1.1.0.42_1.0.1.

I have verizon fios, when I hook everything to the original router/modem in 1 given to me from verizon, everything works, albeit a little slower. So I then connect my ethernet to my pc from the netgear router, works, but then I try a laptop win10(desktop is win 10 too), then some android phones and tablets, and it's hit or miss on who gets in and who doesn't. I already tried resetting the router and I was just given a new verizon router/modem in 1 today. 

Internet is fully white on both routers, there are no issues there. When I connect via wifi on some devices, I see full wifi bars, and then says connected but no internet.

None of this was happening until around 2 weeks ago. Is this router going bad on me? I never had any of these issues, it was simple plug and play with a few set ups.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
lzhang27
Aspirant

Re: Some devices can connect to the wifi, others cannot

Figured it out. So I read about someone else having direct TV and ipconflict issues, and I thought to myself, "my parents use something similar to that, but for chinese stations." So I unplugged it, and attached it to the verizon modem/router in 1 instead of the netgear, and voila. No more connection issues.

View solution in original post

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2

All Replies
lzhang27
Aspirant

Re: Some devices can connect to the wifi, others cannot

Figured it out. So I read about someone else having direct TV and ipconflict issues, and I thought to myself, "my parents use something similar to that, but for chinese stations." So I unplugged it, and attached it to the verizon modem/router in 1 instead of the netgear, and voila. No more connection issues.

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7