Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Spectrum TV

bhc65
Aspirant

Spectrum TV

Spectrum Tv app needs to see your router in order to watch the spectrum app in home network. Spectrum tech said they can't see my router so it won't all me to watch local stations through the app. I've resetthe modem & router numerous time to no avail. I'm thinking it the router is either going bad not allowing the app to see that I'm in my home network. If I connect the modem directly into the comouter I can watch Spectrum Tv all channels with no issue. Should I connect the modem to the router I cant watch the local channels on the app. any ideas for solving this issue. thanks ps... the internet works just fine its spectrum tv is the issue

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Spectrum TV

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

R7000P? 

Reset meaning you pressed the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds then released and setup the router from scratch? 

Message 2 of 4
bhc65
Aspirant

Arris surfboard sb6183 modem

Did the reset button on the router.

Disconnected the power from the router for a minute

disconnected the power from the modem for a minute

called Spectrum tech support . Tech rep says he should be able to see my router on his network. He can't see it so I did the following above as suggested. If I log in to spectrum tv on my pc I should be able to see all the channels. I can only see channels as if I was out of the home network. If I connect the modem ethernet cable DIRECTLY to the pc ethernet port I can get all channels like I'm suppose to get when logged into home wifi network

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bhc65, are you still experiencing the issue?

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7