Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update and NAT type with my N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

eddym
Tutor

Update and NAT type with my N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

Hey, so i have the N600 Wireless Dual Band Router and im having a ton of issues. I dont know if it needs an update or the nat type fixed but i do not have my routerlogin.net password and username so im feeling helpless. I play video games for a living and this is really setting me back. My nat type says moderate and when i play my ping is jumping between 100-999 constantly and its just unusable and browsing online takes forever as well. I know its not the best router but i wanna know how to login in to the router login without the password and username. The guy who set it up lost the login information so we cant do anything. I just wanna play without lagging or just at least a more steady connection. Thank you

Model: D3600|N600 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Update and NAT type with my N600 Wireless Dual Band Router

What actual router do you have? N600 is a speed. 

If you're a professional gamer, you really should update. The N600 devices are several generations and way behind on speeds. 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Message 2 of 10
eddym
Tutor

WNDR3400v3 And it’s just connected to a Ubiquiti Networks Nanostation loco M5 that gets its signal shot across the property to here. And yeah I’m looking at a better router to upgrade to but budget is tight right now because I had to buy some equipment
Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

A point to point system is going to add latency and slow speeds. 

Try it with your gaming device directly connected to the nanostation. See what performance you get directly from it. 

Message 4 of 10
eddym
Tutor

I tried that earlier today in fact and it lowered the frequency of my lag spikes but made my NAT type “strict”
Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

so you're limited by the system that's providing your connection. 

If whats supplying you is slowing your speed and causing the nat, nothing you add on the end of it is going to change that as they're controlling NAT/latency/etc. 

Message 6 of 10
eddym
Tutor

Okay well. There’s also where 2-5am the ping is a steady 50ping and reliable. So. I don’t understand why at that time it’s basically the internet I want and the rest of the day is just pretty bad. Do you know why it’s like that or how I could fix it to the rest of the day it’s like that?
Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

whats supplying your nanostation? 

You need to test for 24 hours off that. If you're getting the ping increases while directly connected to that, its whats supplying your system. 

If the nanostation by itself is fine, then you can look at seeing if its a double nat issue

Message 8 of 10
eddym
Tutor

My Xbox says double nat. How do I fix that. What is it?
Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options if you can. Yours is a bit more complicated because you haven't put the setup before the ubiquiti nano. 
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7