Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using ReadySHARE Printer Utility with my Nighthawk R7000 wireless router

dapo85
Aspirant

Using ReadySHARE Printer Utility with my Nighthawk R7000 wireless router

I was successful in downloading ReadyShare to my laptop and sending a document to print wirelessly to an outdated home printer that I have connected via USB to my Nighthawk router.  However, it appears that I cannot send to print with my iPad and iPhone.  Any suggestions???

Message 1 of 9
dapo85
Aspirant

Re: Using ReadySHARE Printer Utility with my Nighthawk R7000 wireless router

Anybody???
Message 2 of 9

@dapo85 wrote:
Anybody???

Not without some m,ore background information.

What are we to make of:

However, it appears that I cannot send to print with my iPad and iPhone.

Bit short of details that might narrow down the problem.

Let's get the ball rolling with the usual boilerplate questions.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The make and model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 3 of 9
dapo85
Aspirant

I own an older printer without wifi or Bluetooth (hp Photosmart 7760). I have it connected via USB to my router and can use it wirelessly with my laptop after having downloaded the READYShare driver to my laptop.

What I would like to do is send documents to print from my iPhone 14 and iPad which has the latest iOS upgrade.
I own a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router. It’s firmware version is: v1.3.1.64_10.1.36

The modem is a a Motorola Surfboard SB6141.

I would appreciate any guidance you may be able to provide.

Thank you,
David
Message 4 of 9

@dapo85 wrote:

What I would like to do is send documents to print from my iPhone 14 and iPad which has the latest iOS upgrade.
I own a Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router. It’s firmware version is: v1.3.1.64_10.1.36

I assume that the "AC2300" is the R7000 listed in your subject. (AC2300 is not a Netgear model number.)

I have it connected via USB to my router and can use it wirelessly with my laptop after having downloaded the READYShare driver to my laptop.

READYShare is not the same as the ReadySHARE Printer Utility. Have you installed that and followed the instructions in the manual?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Share a USB Printer.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your messages.

You may also have to ask for help in places where they know about iThings.

Message 5 of 9
dapo85
Aspirant

Yes, I installed the ReadySHARE Printer Utility for the laptop and it functions. However, the manual only provides a link to download an App for the iPhone and iPad which is outdated and no longer functions.
Message 6 of 9

@dapo85 wrote:
However, the manual only provides a link to download an App for the iPhone and iPad which is outdated and no longer functions.

So, that is the problem.

Sadly, Apple has a fine reputation for updating devices in ways that wreck compatibility with other stuff.

The manual may also be out of date, have you looked for a more recent version of these apps?

Message 7 of 9
dapo85
Aspirant

The App the manual took me to is the Genie App which is no longer useful. How should I go about locating the most recent manual for my Nighthawk router?

Thanks
Message 8 of 9

@dapo85 wrote:
How should I go about locating the most recent manual for my Nighthawk router?

See my earlier reply:

Re: Using ReadySHARE Printer Utility with my Night... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7