Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI in multiple rooms

PeterMa
Follower

WIFI in multiple rooms

I'm trying to find a solution to have internet in one of the rooms in my place, it's a 2 level split apartment. I also already have a Netgear powerline + WIFI extender which are working fine.

Level 2: the living room where the router and powerline are connected. There's bedroom 2 in this level where the WIFI is very weak

Level 1: Bedroom 1 with the WIFI extender

What can I do to get the WIFI to reach properly in bedroom 2, can I just buy another WIFI extender and that will connect to the powerline already set up? So essentially I have 1 x powerline connected to the router and 2 x WIFI extenders in separate rooms in different levels that are connected to this powerline?

Message 1 of 2

Re: WIFI in multiple rooms

@PeterMa wrote:

What can I do to get the WIFI to reach properly in bedroom 2, can I just buy another WIFI extender and that will connect to the powerline already set up? So essentially I have 1 x powerline connected to the router and 2 x WIFI extenders in separate rooms in different levels that are connected to this powerline?

It  might help if you told us what Netgear devices you are using.

For example, what is this Powerline device? Is it one with wifi built in?

You can use a wifi extender in access point (AP) mode and use Powerline ethernet as the connection back to the router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7