Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web pages unavailable

WorkingFromHome
Aspirant

Web pages unavailable

This problem is SSOOOOO annoying and makes it so hard to work from home. I am not super versed in some of the things mentioned but I was trying to roll back my firmware to see if that helped as well as deactivate the auto updating but I cannot find out how to do this. Can anyone provide  some instructions to this only someone technical user? I am to the point of looking into a new router because this issue is such a headache. 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Web pages unavailable

SSOOOOO would be more helpful if we had more details of the following:

What NG product are you referring too? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What have you done to try to resolve this problem? 

What Web browser are you using? 

@WorkingFromHome wrote:

This problem is SSOOOOO annoying and makes it so hard to work from home. I am not super versed in some of the things mentioned but I was trying to roll back my firmware to see if that helped as well as deactivate the auto updating but I cannot find out how to do this. Can anyone provide  some instructions to this only someone technical user? I am to the point of looking into a new router because this issue is such a headache. 

Message 2 of 7
WorkingFromHome
Aspirant

Sure thing and thanks @FURRYe38 for responding 

-What NG product are you referring too?  I have a NG Nighthawk Router

-What Firmware version is currently loaded? Currently it is on  V1.4.3.88_1.3.50
-What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?    the modem is Spectrum provided (i dont like using them but they are the only ones that can get us fast service in my area)  and the model # is E31T2V1

-What have you done to try to resolve this problem? My work IT guy helped go through a couple things on my computer but they were over my head and I just clicked while he told me what to do on a zoom. I personally have tried clearing cache and cookies,  using Firefox, restarting my computer

-What Web browser are you using? I am in Chrome v.103.0.5060.134 (just updated to 104.0.5112.81 when I looked for the version)

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@WorkingFromHome I see this is your first post. I'd recommend making your own thread and including the info asked about and we can help you better. Plus it keeps your info from being confused with the OP (and thread jumping is against the T&C of use) 

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so we still need a model# of the NH router. From looking at the FW version you may have the R7900P, R7960P or R8000P? 

What CAT# lan cable do you have between the modem and router? CAT6 is recommended.

Have you enabled IPv6 on the router yet? 

@WorkingFromHome wrote:

Sure thing and thanks @FURRYe38 for responding 

-What NG product are you referring too?  I have a NG Nighthawk Router

-What Firmware version is currently loaded? Currently it is on  V1.4.3.88_1.3.50
-What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?    the modem is Spectrum provided (i dont like using them but they are the only ones that can get us fast service in my area)  and the model # is E31T2V1

-What have you done to try to resolve this problem? My work IT guy helped go through a couple things on my computer but they were over my head and I just clicked while he told me what to do on a zoom. I personally have tried clearing cache and cookies,  using Firefox, restarting my computer

-What Web browser are you using? I am in Chrome v.103.0.5060.134 (just updated to 104.0.5112.81 when I looked for the version)

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 7
WorkingFromHome
Aspirant

Sorry about that. My NG model # is R8000P and we are using Cat 6 to connect them
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Enable IPv6 on the router. Just set Auto Detect and apply. After the router applies, I would power OFF the modem and router for 1 minute then back ON with powering ON the router lastly. 

I would reboot all PCs as well. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7