Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xfinity/Comcast outage 1/8 to 1/9

Duck05
Aspirant

Xfinity/Comcast outage 1/8 to 1/9

The wide spread Xfinity/Comcast outage last night continued for us to the next morning. 

Several reboots of the Night Hawk 7000 had no resolution.  However, the display lights looked "semi-normal" but what became evident was DNS was not resolving address requests.  This impacted any ability to use the wireless to log into the router so instead using a working Verizon hotspot was able to access the Xfinity support app on my iPad.

That is where the wheels fell off.  The online chat agent (real person) had me try several things (which I had done already) to no change.  He said he would send a "reset" to the box which did not work (to resolve the issue).  He then wanted to send a tech to the house which I declined as the issue was certainly in their network and lingered from the outage. Ended the chat.

So, I relented and attached a Ethernet cable between the router and a laptop and discovered the "reset" he sent wiped out all the setup which was confirmed by seeing all our SSIDs were gone and replaced with generics.   After restoring my setup, all services started to work.   Feels deliberate on their part.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Xfinity/Comcast outage 1/8 to 1/9

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7