Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

cannot access network hard drive

Dror
Follower

cannot access network hard drive

Hello

I am trying to connect a Seagate Backup Plus Hub to my Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Model R8000.

Hard drive is connected directly to the Netgear router using the USB 3 port.  The hard drive whirrs when I connect it to the port and its light turns on.

When I select Start > Run and enter \\readyshare in the dialog box and click the OK button, I get a Windows message: “Network error – Windows cannot access \\readyshare”

I have tried the following:

• Using a different backup drive (WD passport)
  • Attempting to connect from a different Windows computer
  • Connecting the drive to the USB 2 port
  • Turning off Windows Firewall

Same results.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: cannot access network hard drive

@Dror wrote:

Hello

I am trying to connect a Seagate Backup Plus Hub to my Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router Model R8000.

And the size of that Seagate is? Netgear's ReadyShare support for USB drives is limited.

This list will give you some clues, although it is far from comprehensive:

ReadySHARE USB Drives Compatibility List | Answer | NETGEAR Support

I have seen rare reports of drives as big as 6 TB, but 4 TB seems to be the limit. Anything that requires fancy drivers, exotic formatting or supporting software is not going to work on what us essentially a very basic alternative to proper Ethernet NAS.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Home WiFi Adapters. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
Billstew
Aspirant

Re: cannot access network hard drive

Same Issue Cannot even browse the router, shows up in my network nighborhood as the name I assigned it and it says unaccessable.  It worked a while and quit.  I can access the drive through web on port 80 but the computer will not map no matter what I do,  I ran troubleshooter through a differnt PC and it says connection is refused by the Router itself.  I have tried setting with and without passwords,, No Joy

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7