Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

dropping connections - refusing password - DHCP??

jd_mpls
Initiate

dropping connections - refusing password - DHCP??

Does anyone else have to restart this router every 2-3 days?  

The thoroughput and speed is great, but then it willl randomly just start dropping connections.

I dont get it.  Most devices will connect to it just fine and then every few days I'll have a device that cant seem to get an IP lease even tho I have a lot of those devices reserved.

I rememer reading this forum a while back and everyone was saying there was one good firmware version, and all the updates after that seemed to destroy it.

What gives?  I'll go back to the old firmware I just dont remember the version number.

Also when it acts up, it will still broadcast the SSID but refuse the password, even though it is the correct password.  I'm not understanding what the problem is cause it seems like some devices cant get a DHCP lease but then it is also refusing the password.

HELP lol can someone just actually make a router that works?  sick and tired.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: dropping connections - refusing password - DHCP??

What firmware version are you currently on? 

When did it start acting up on you? 

the current .74 version has caused some DNS issues. Most have been able to downgrade 1 version and be fine. 

Try downgrading a version and doing a factory reset/reinstall. (don't use a backup configuration). Disable auto-updates. 

If that doesn't help, the other version I'd try is 1.0.4.28

Its the verison prior to netgear armor. A few devices have struggled with armor. But the later firmwares have ironed most of the issues out (other than the 1.0.4.74)

Message 2 of 4
jd_mpls
Initiate

Im on V1.0.4.74_10.1.80

I might go back to the 28.  So do the firmware reset, and then go into the settings and do a full factory reset?  worth a shot I guess.  I dont know when it started acting up it just seemed to work better when it was new out of the box without any of these updates...

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Yes, just install the firmware, then after it reboots, factory reset. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7