Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

night hawk r7000 routerlogin.net set up genie issue due to cant connect to internet

P10
Follower
Follower

night hawk r7000 routerlogin.net set up genie issue due to cant connect to internet

A friend gave me this router as my old one was starting to have issues and I have been trying to get this one to work properly and reset, but I keep running into issues. I got it to work once but I wasn't getting good speeds so I factory reset and now can't log into router or even set it up
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: night hawk r7000 routerlogin.net set up genie issue due to cant connect to internet

> [...] I keep running into issues. [...]

I keep running into information-free problem descriptions.

I'll just do a Web search for "issues" to see what you're doing, and
what happens when you do it, then, shall I?

> [...] now can't log into router or even set it up

"can't" is not a useful problem description.  It does not say what
you did.  It does not say what happened when you did it.  As usual,
showing actual actions (commands) with their actual results (error
messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague
descriptions or interpretations.

Here's a radical concept which works for some people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual (at least).  Read.  Look for
"Factory Settings". Further reading might not hurt, either.

Message 2 of 3

Re: night hawk r7000 routerlogin.net set up genie issue due to cant connect to internet

@P10 wrote:
I got it to work once but I wasn't getting good speeds so I factory reset and now can't log into router or even set it up

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7