Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas won't power up

tomhanel
Follower

readynas won't power up

HI,

I have an old readynas nv+ which came with 2 500gig disks. It is no longer poweriing up and I need to get access to the data. I have seen a second hand unit on ebay - if I buy the unit on ebay can I simply insert my 2 disks and everything will be fine ? Or are there problems with this approach, like the network configuration and other things that the ebay unit will have ? Would it be ok to get the previous owner to do a factory reset ?

I also noticed I can get a replacement power supply from a local pc parts company - can anyone suggest if this is a better approach ?

Lastly, I was trying to contact netgear support however this seems to be quite difficult for this old model - what is the best way to get some advice from a netgear support agent ?

Thanks Tom.

Model: ReadyNAS-NV+|ReadyNAS NV+
Message 1 of 3
microchip8
Master

Re: readynas won't power up

Message 2 of 3

Re: readynas won't power up

@tomhanel wrote:

I also noticed I can get a replacement power supply from a local pc parts company - can anyone suggest if this is a better approach ?

Who knows? Have you determined that the power supply is the cause of your problem?

THese things use generic transformers. You may have one with the right specifications lying around,

@tomhanel wrote:

Lastly, I was trying to contact netgear support however this seems to be quite difficult for this old model - what is the best way to get some advice from a netgear support agent ?

Netgear provides 90-days free support for new installations. After that you have to pay.

Contact Us | Support | NETGEAR

Paid support is through Gearhead, but this place is free. As @microchip8 says, it helps if you start in the right place.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7