Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

redirected to sub contractor, and charged for service

comer23
Follower

redirected to sub contractor, and charged for service

I WAS HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING MY NIGHT HAWK AND APPLIED TO SUPPORT.   I WAS REDIRECTED TO A FOREMAN, WHO COULD HELP ME.   HE SAID HE COULD NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL HE CLEANED MY COMPUTER.  ( #199.00).

SO, MUCH FOR SUPPORT!!!!

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: redirected to sub contractor, and charged for service

Please don't yell. We can hear you fine.

What NG product are you referring too? Nighthawk router model is needed here, R####, RAX###, XR####, MK##

NG will never ask you about cleaning your computer. Nor do anything with your computer. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Most times people contact support, they google for a number and get scam sites. these sites frequently try to sell you firewalls/antivirus/etc. They aren't netgear.

If you contacted someone and they tried to sell you one of those services, it wasn't netgear. 

To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.

after that it does cost money for support but they aren't selling you firewalls/antivirus/cleaning programs. 

Or you can use the forums and we can try to help you and it doesn't cost anything. 

But we need details on your setup, whats going on, what you've tried, etc. 

Message 3 of 4

Join the club:

Tech Support a Scam - NETGEAR Communities

Been happening for years.

There's  nothing much that Netgear can do about it – it tries –  especially when Google will happily take money from these crooks.

Be more careful next time.

You could try to get your credit card company to obtain a refund. But you did hand out your details.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series