Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 DHCP IP-MAC Address Reservation

schumaku
Guru

MR60 DHCP IP-MAC Address Reservation

MR60 Firmware Version 1.1.7.134_2.0.65

Appears the Address Reservation "feature" is at least partially broken.

When going to the LAN Setup, the Address Reservation table is supposed to be shown ... hoiwever, it does not:

MR60 1.1.7.134 DHCP Address Reservation.png

However, when using the [Add] button (on the above view!), the Address Reservation table does show up:

MR60 1.1.7.134 DHCP Address Reservation ADD list is there.png

QA wa obviously on a holiday or watching some football, baseball, or icehockey game. Oh well ... remains the formal question: How shall we reports bugs here?

Message 1 of 13
schumaku
Guru

MR60/MK6x: DHCP Reservation Issue

duplicated posts - sorry friends.

Message 2 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Re: MR60 DHCP IP-MAC Address Reservation

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Checking my MR60 and MR70,

I'm seeing the IP addressed reserved devices being displayed on the LAN Setup page: MS Edge browser

MR60LANSetupUI.pngMR70LANSetupUI.png

Message 4 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Negative. Exactly the same behavior for:

Firefox 122.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 11

Chrome Version 121.0.6167.185 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit) on Windows 11
Edge  Version 121.0.2277.128 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit) on Windows 11
...no obvious errors on the console, except of a "Page Layout many be unexpected due to Quirks Mode" warning all over:

Page Layout many be unexpected due to Quirks Mode.png

Same rendering result on Chrome, Chrome Beta, Firefox, Firefox Beta on all my Android devices, too. Back to the sender....
Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, MS Edge was on Windows 11 Edge Version 121.0.2277.112. I just saw it updated to v.128. I'll check my MRs again after work. 

Message 6 of 13
schumaku
Guru

Hard to imagine it's just about the very latest Edge only -:I see the problem since having deployed the MK63S list here to my playground initially, could be caused by the few IP-MAC reservation I have in place, too.

DHCP Address range is 192.168.50.2 ... .254 and the table of the (working reservations) is in your PM inbox soon.

I've expected to operate it on a dedicated VLAN in my lab, but found it does fail miserably on the LAN and it does bring down even more.... Oh well, consumer stuff 8-/

Message 7 of 13
schumaku
Guru

New "behavior": 

[Add] shows the table,

MR60 DHCP Address Reservation Add.png

[Edit] does error out and return to an empty list.

Originally, I had reservations for two more addresses on the list: Two of the satellites, which I had renamed to MS60-1 and MS60-2 in the meantime.

MR60 DHCP Address Reservation Edit Error.png

Message 8 of 13
schumaku
Guru

The plot thickens ... several days ag, we had enabled Access Control and added one client to access.

MR60 DHCP Address Reservation Edit Error with Access Control Enabled.png

...and the router does report some crazy DoS attack: Fraggle Attack ... and does also (crash) and restart without user intervention:

Fraggle Attack after Errors.png

Message 9 of 13
schumaku
Guru

....and after editing the name of one device in the Access Control (a MS60 satellite) ...

MR60 DHCP Address Reservation Edit Error with Access Control Enabled Address Reservation.pngAdresss Reservation - named one device - in the list - just ONE.png

...it magically shows up in the LAN List, too

Bugware - back to the sender for FIXES!!!!

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What was the custom name of the MS in Access Controls. I'll see if I can reproduce this on mine. 

I usually leave the MS names defaults with slight change to the end of the name, i.e. -DR or -BM. Though I don't normally use Access Controls so I'll check on this as well. 

Give me some steps to set this up so I can test this out. 

If you can reproduce this all the time, enable debug logging on the MR and reproduce, then save off the debug logs. We can get them to NG. 

Message 11 of 13
schumaku
Guru

After adding and nanimg the second satellite as MS60-2 ... it appears in the LAN list (but not any other host)

reserving and naming the satellite MS60-2 in LAN config.pngLAN config after adding and editing.png

...when using [Add] again ... the list comes up complete there

LAN config finally complete again.png

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Got home and check MS Edge, It had updated to v.128. 

Logged into my MR60. 

Showing attached devices on LAN Setup page:

MR60LanSetupUIAfterMSEdgeUpdated.png

Access Controls:

MR60AccessControls.png

I see a couple of Fraggle attacks however this may have been my Galaxy pad conencting to the MR with it's WIFI Randomizer enabled. I had then disabled it and it reconnected to show real host name of the device:

MR60Log.png

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7